The spooky season is upon us, and costumes are on the minds of many. Maybe much like myself, you maybe having trouble coming up with what you will be dressing up as this year. The possibilities are endless, but let’s scratch some off the list that have met their expiration date a long time ago.
- Any Culture Related Costumes – Cultural appropriation is not a costume that should go without saying so let’s stay away from those even if they are being sold.
- The Joker – Come on, you know someone or saw this costume worn almost every year. It’s quite awkward when there are more than 3 Jokers at one party.
- Devil or Angel – Is it cute, yes! Can you do better, or course you can! Similar to the Joker costume, the chances of someone wearing the same headband with horns or a pair of wings is practically set in stone.
- A Black Cat – Where is the creativity? Where is the imagination? Hate to break it to you but it’s a basic costume.
- The Purge – It was fun the first few years, it’s just over done now. There are plenty of other options for a group of friends, don’t settle!
- Onesie Pajamas – Although being comfortable is a plus, you are doing that character an injustice by saying it’s your costume.
These are just a few that are a big NO and should be avoided this Halloween. The spooky season is a great opportunity to wear whatever you would like for a night. Let those creative juices flow, think outside the box and have fun while staying safe this season.