Spring/Summer Internship for Fine Mixed Media Art Gallery
Three Twenty Gallery, Las Animas CO
Start date: 05/10/2023 Duration: 31 Weeks
Unpaid Internship 4 – 6 hrs/day
Apply now: Updated 2 days ago
Description: Internship (part-time) Wednesday through Saturday 12pm-4pm
Number of positions available: 2
Requirements: Under the leadership of the Executive Director, the intern will provide assistance regarding the planning, organization, and implementation of various projects relating to events.
Internships in all areas of the gallery business are available. From curatorial and marketing to graphic design and public relations. We are particularly interested in candidates with a Fine art Photography, media, writing, or digital marketing background.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE,
BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
Interns are expected to spend at least 12hrs a week at the gallery. If an intern is applying for credits through their respective university, hours can be made available based on the requirements for their credits. Hours are flexible and will be assigned on an individual basis.
- Candidates should possess good written and verbal communication skills
- Candidates should have a passion for fine art photography and a desire to be actively involved in the art community
- Candidates are expected to be computer literate and quick learners
- Candidates are required to have excellent problem-solving skills and are expected to take initiative.
- Maintaining a welcoming and inspirational environment in the Art gallery including keeping clean and organized workspaces and proper care of art supplies.
- Providing administrative support for day-to-day operations when needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
About Three Twenty Gallery, Las Animas
The Gallery at 320 5th Street is the brand’s first domestic space which opened in 2020. The editorial line of the gallery centers on contemporary figurative photography and its programming aims to exhibit established photographers and artists who have not previously shown in the mid-West. The gallery organizes five or six solo exhibitions each year and participates in several art fairs.
Description: This position is part-time, depending on need and availability, 2–3 days per week, with the potential to grow into a full-time position.
Start Date: Immediately
Availability: Tues–Fri (9 – 6), Sat (11 – 5)
Principal Responsibilities Include: Assistance with varied gallery operations and projects
Requirements and Additional Skills:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail with a passion for perfection
- Oriented toward excellent customer service
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of and passion for fine art
- Team player and upbeat attitude
- Self-starter with ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Valid driver’s license and comfortable driving in Las Animas
The ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree with high academic achievement
- Ideally at least 1-2 years fine art gallery experience, but not required
- Excellent references
- A genuine appreciation for art and design.
- Extensive computers skills (Mac platform, Mailchimp, Adobe Creative Suite, Lightroom, Artsy, Art Cloud or related inventory database)
- Photoshop experience is highly preferred
If you feel as though you are a good fit for this position please email your resume and cover letter. A cover letter is required for consideration of this position.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Pay: $10.00 – $15.00 per hour
COVID-19 considerations: Three Twenty Gallery is currently open by appointment only and is closely following the CDC’s safety guidelines.
Company’s Instagram page:
Only full-time employees eligible